Sustainable Regions in Action 2022 : release of the FEDARENE’s annual publication !
Every year, the FEDARENE brochure features the important work of local and regional authorities, islands, and their energy agencies at the service of a Green(er) Europe.
In this brochure, you will find an overview of the FEDARENE advocacy activities of the past year and perspectives for the future; editorials from the Vice Presidents highlighting the essential role of energy agencies and regions in their fields of work; the projects and initiatives we are involved in; working groups; and a selection of FEDARENE members’ most inspiring projects. These projects are divided into 11 categories, including:
- Accelerated building renovation;
- Accelerating island’s energy transition;
- Adaptation and integrated planning for climate change;
- Data sharing and monitoring for climate action;
- Energy communities: citizens’ action for cleaner energy;
- Enhancing energy sufficiency;
- Highway to Eco-mobility;
- Promoting circular economy;
- Rapid renewable energy sources uptake;
- Setting up energy efficiency measures;
- Tackling energy poverty
AURA-EE had the opportunity to contribute to FEDARENE's brochure with two articles :
- Local Energy Communities: «Centrales Villageoises»: a Local Citizen-owned Energy Communities’ Success Story
- TerriSTORY®: Enabling a Better Understanding of Local Energy and Climate Issues
Patrick Biard, Head Europe at AURA-EE and Deputy Secretary General at FEDARENE, has been interviewed on Energy Efficiency Priorities for 2022.
We have to realise collectively that this is the “make or break” decade for climate mitigation, and there’s no other way to achieve the 2030 goals but through accelerationand upscaling.
Patrick Biard, Deputy Secretary General
AURA-EE is a founding member of FEDARENE, the European Federation of Agencies and Regions for Energy and the Environment. FEDARENE is one of the founding partners of the Covenant of Mayors for Climate and Energy, which was launched in 2008. The initiative is currently managed by a consortium of networks of local and regional authorities, led by Energy Cities and Climate Alliance, and composed of CEMR, Eurocities, FEDARENE, and ICLEI Europe. The Covenant of Mayors for Climate & Energy is now the world’s largest movement for local climate and energy actions, bringing together over 7,700 signatory local authorities, as well as supporting organisations who strive to fast- track local climate and energy action and go beyond the EU’s 55% greenhouse gas-reduction target by 2030.