The Circular Economy Network in Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes
ECLAIRA is run by CIRIDD with support from the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes Region. It is open to all public and private stakeholders and operates collaboratively. Its main objectives are to identify initiatives, generate projects and thereby promote implementation of the circular economy in the area by all those involved.
The circular economy is based on many levers including eco-innovation, initiatives based around the 4Rs (reduction, reuse, refurbishment and recycling), environmental responsibility, eco-design, and cooperation models such as regional industrial ecology and the functional service economy.
In Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, the economic and energy transition of companies and regions is both a necessity and a real opportunity in terms of employment and resources, economic development, regional planning and sustainable development. In this context, the circular economy opens the way to a more respectful model of people and resources. It invites us to build sustainable, local cooperation between all people working in the area. The many initiatives already begun at regional level by companies, local authorities and associations bear witness to this.
ECLAIRA is for:
- Local and regional authorities;
- Economic developers, planners, company clubs and networks;
- Innovation networks: clusters, competitiveness centres;
- Companies and associations engaged in projects;
- Experts: technical centres and resource centres, energy and environmental agencies, universities, colleges and special skills centres.