e-SMART - e-Mobility SMART Grid for Passengers and Last Mile Freight Transports in the Alpine Space
Developing electric mobility and smart grids for public transport, last mile freight and mobility services
e-SMART aims to define a set of operational tools for planning and deploying electric recharging infrastructures for public passenger transport, logistics vehicles (last mile) and mobility services, with a "smart grid" approach.
More specifically, the project objectives are the following
- Improve cooperation between public and private stakeholders
- Share a common deployment strategy
- Provide territories with tools for the management of services and infrastructures
The project includes a consultation phase with regional stakeholders, in order to identify the needs and build a shared vision around electric mobility and smart-grids. Moreover, it is also intended to explore the possibilities of linking electric mobility and renewable production, particularly photovoltaic production.
On 23rd September e-SMART project partners launched the First Transnational Living Lab meeting on integrated planning for electric mobility, devoted to create the coordination between planning tools for electric mobility in the Alpine Space.
- Road transport accounts for 21% of greenhouse gas emissions in Europe
- In France, it represents 95% of emissions from the transport sector and 30% of the total GHG emissions.
The 15 European partners of e-SMART: